CHOUTEAU FINE ARTS ACADEMY UNIFORM POLICY
The uniform requirements are a clear expectation for all students enrolled at Chouteau. Read the following official guidelines for mandatory school uniforms carefully. Please note that all TPS schools now require school uniforms. This is what is specific for Chouteau students:
- Uniforms are required for ALL Chouteau students every school day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- These are the ONLY choices for students:
· Chouteau shirt colors in the polo style (collared)are in solid shades of: navy blue, red & white. They are to be tucked in at all times with the exception of PE time.
· If an undershirt is worn under the uniform shirt, it must be white and tucked in at all times.
· Some girls may need camisoles or other undergarments under their shirts and they should also be white.
· Chouteau pants, shorts, jumpers, or skorts, colors are khaki, navy blue or black. No cargo type pants or shorts. Shorts, skorts and dresses must be longer than the tips of the girl’s fingers held at her side.
· All shirts must be tucked in and belts (plain brown or black) must be worn if pants are too big.
· Zip up sweatshirts only in the colors of solid red, white or navy blue. No hoodies except Chouteau hoodies (sold by PTA).
· Tights – white or navy blue. Socks should be plain solid white, red or navy. No leggings.
· SHOES: Only closed-toe shoes such as Loafers or Tennis Shoes. No knee high converse or high heels.
· Friday dress consists of Chouteau spirit shirt & jeans (regular jeans - no skinny jeans or jeggings.) If your child does not have a spirit shirt, they must wear a uniform shirt with their jeans.
- Camp Fire/Scouts groups may wear uniform vests or shirts on their designated meeting days. Approved Chouteau uniform bottoms should be worn with Camp Fire vests/shirts.
- Headscarves, Hats, Bandanas, etc. are not permitted at Chouteau nor is unusually colored hair or hairstyles (Mohawks, pink, green, purple, etc., hair or excessive feathers or beads) that would pose a distraction to the learning environment. Beads can only be red, white, clear or navy blue and should not make noise if child moves head back and forth.)
- Make-up on girls is not allowed except for 5th and 6th graders who may wear only clear lip gloss. No eye shadows. Mascara, eyeliner, etc.
These retail stores carry pieces of Chouteau clothing:
Ø Target (July thru September)
Ø Academy Sports (during the summer months until Labor Day – 6120 E. 41st)
Ø K-Renee (5557 E. 41st)
Ø C & J School Uniform (6221 E 61st Street),
Ø JC Penney (all year)
Ø Sears (all year)
WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY PARTICULAR STORE. THE LIST ABOVE IS ONLY A SUGGESTION.